Monday, May 27, 2013

Chantilly Card - Sketch Challenge

I created this card for the sketch challenge at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. The sketch is below. We would love to have you play along with us this week! I combined the Chantilly paper pack with the butterflies from Dotty For You. The like the way the soft colors blend together. One of my favorite techniques that I don't use nearly often enough is machine stitching on paper. I love the detail it adds to the card. Add in a few buttons and a little bling and everything came together perfectly! I am also entering this card in the Nip and Tuck sewing challenge at the Heart 2 Heart Blog. Check out the other great creations there!


Supplies: 
Chantilly Paper Pack - Close To My Heart 
Dotty For You Paper Pack - Close To My Heart 
Pinwheels Stamp Set - Close To My Heart
Twilight and Buttercup Cardstock - Close To My Heart 
 Sweet Leaf Buttons and Waxy Flax - Close To My Heart 
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge -  Close To My Heart 
Twilight Stamp Pad - Close To My Heart 
Scotch ATG 
Glue Dots


5 comments:

  1. It's a lovely soft card, very feminine. Really like the added layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very pretty, almost delicate. i love your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I have never tried machine stitching on paper, is it very hard? Do you have to do anything to the paper first or just stitch like it is fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice, I love Chantilly paper. Good job !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fresh and spring-y! Thanks for taking the H2H Nip & Tuck challenge!

    ReplyDelete