Here are a few recent layouts that I have created. Let me know what you think! :)
Friday, June 17, 2011
Friday, June 10, 2011
I have been reading a few blogs that participate in the 10 things on the 10th post and I thought I would participate! It has been awhile since I last posted anything, sorry, TAKS testing season was much more intense this year than what I have been use to and life in general has just gotten so busy. Hopefully, I can do better this summer! For my list of 10 things today I thought I would post ten things I LOVE about summer! It is finally here and definitely my favorite season, so here you go ten things I love about summer on June 10th!
1. Getting to spend more time with my family! I love my little family and I cherish every moment we spend together. Summer allows us all to slow down and enjoy each other a little more!
2. Sleeping in! Being a teacher certainly has it benefits and being off in the summer and getting to sleep in are on that list! Even though we teach summer school, it starts a little later and we still get to sleep in until at least 7:00!
3. The Beach! This could also go on the list of why I love where I live! It is only a short hour and half drive to the beach. This summer we rented a beach house for a few days and really enjoyed spending time relaxing and just hanging out together at the beach!
4. Teaching Summer School! Yes I know, most people would not see this as a positive, but I absolutely love working with my students and I couldn't imagine not getting to spend these 6 weeks with them.
5. Afternoon Naps! It's nice to be able to take a nap during the hottest part of the day!
6. Swimming! We have always had some type of above ground pool in the backyard. I love that we can just go outside and swim whenever we want. Maybe someday we will have an in ground pool put in, but for now this works for us.
7. Vacation! Every summer we go on some type of vacation, whether it is a short trip to San Antonio or a week at Disney World, our family loves vacation! Can't wait to plan our trip!
8. Backyard Cookouts! My hubby loves to grill and we all love to eat so summer gives us a great reason to enjoy the backyard together. We are working on adding a patio and deck this summer!
9. More Scrap Time! I am able to get a lot more scrap time in during the summer. It is nice to just be able to sit down at my table and work on my own pages!
10. Food! As I mentioned, we love to eat and summer time supplies the best food! Fresh vegetables and fruit from the garden, a huge slice of watermelon with a little salt on it, a big double dip ice cream cone, popsicles, etc. The list could go on and on. Everything just tastes better in the summer!
Well, if you have made it this far you know a little more about us and our crazy summers! Enjoy your summer and stay safe!